JJ's "Best Cookie Ever" for National Cookie Day
"Best Cookie Ever!!" That's right, fight me on it. It's National Cookie Day and this is my favorite cookie. Anyone who knows me, knows my favorite cookie is an Oatmeal Cookie. You put a tray of assorted cookies out, and there are Oatmeal on that tray I will shamelessly make them disappear like Thanos. Now, take that feeling and multiply it by 10 when it comes to this cookie, the best cookie ever in case you've forgotten. Here are my reasons:
1. Super easy to make
2. It's like an oatmeal cookie with super powers
3. Done right, they are soft and sweet and everything a cookie should be
Let's get to the recipe
Preheat oven @ 325 degrees
1 1/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt - 3/4 Tsp ground cinnamon - 1 Tsp Baking Soda - 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
1 Cup (2 sticks) of butter softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar - 3/4 light brown sugar (packed)
*If you like the bolder, richer flavor, use dark brown sugar, this is your preference
2 Large eggs - 3 cups of Oats
*I tried this recipe with quick oats and I much prefer the regular oats. You get a better texture and "chew"
1 cup of Craisins - 1 Cup of coconut
1. In the larger of two bowls beat the softened butter, sugars, vanilla extract till creamy and smooth then beat in eggs
2. In the smaller of 2 bowls add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
3. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
4. Mix in the oats, Craisins and coconut a little at a time.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons on an un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart
5. Bake 12-14 minutes till golden brown and let cool on wire rack
If you have a stand mixer like a Kitchen-aid use it, you get a much better mix of ingredients and distribution than trying to do it by hand. Trust me, I've done it by hand.